Do you need an energy-filled brunch or breakfast? It’s time to know how to fry potatoes in an electric skillet. If you use a regular frying pan for this purpose, you don’t get the desirable doneness of potatoes as most of the time, you are guessing about its temperature level. With an electric skillet-fried potato, you can skip the guess from the cooking and focus more on cutting and other things.
Ingredients for Skillet-Fried Potatoes
Here are some things you need to make perfectly-tender pan-fried potatoes.
1 large yellow onion ( finely sliced)
1 large red bell pepper (1/2 inch diced)
2- large red-skin potatoes (1/2 inch diced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 spoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon paprika
How to make the best-fried potatoes in an electric skillet?
Here are some steps you will follow.
- Gather all the ingredients. I suggest you complete dicing and slicing before making the meal for easy cooking.
- Plug on your electric skillet, pour vegetable oil. Let it heat up at a temperature level of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Now add freshly sliced onion. Cook it until soft and translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and cook it for one and half a minute. I like garlic, but if you don’t, then cook this skillet-fried recipe without it. If you like garlic as I do, half a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic is good enough to add flavor.
- Add diced potatoes, mix them, and now it’s time to start adding some spices like salt, paprika, and black pepper. Cover the electric skillet with a lid and cook them for at least 15 minutes or till the potatoes become tender.
- Uncover the skillet, set temperature at 225 degrees Fahrenheit, and start frying potatoes in a skillet for 5-10 minutes only.
- Turn off the electric skillet. Taste your fried potatoes, and you can season them with freshly chopped parsley for taste and aroma.
Pan-Fried Potatoes – Tips to Keep in Mind
Boil or Not Boil – When you check pan-fried potatoes recipes, some people suggest boil potatoes to reduce cooking time. Well, if you ask me whether to boil or not boil potatoes, I will tell you not to boil them. It’s because you can cook potatoes on medium heat under steam. The purpose of boiling is to soften them and then fry them. If you boil them in a different pan, you will have more cleaning to do at the end.
Best Skillet for fried Potato: Always get a skillet with a lid with a steam vent. It would help if you had steam for making potatoes tender during the first two minutes of cooking potatoes. Generally, potatoes become tender when you cook them in a covered pan for at least 20 minutes. When you don’t have any such lid, use a regular lid, so steam doesn’t find its way out.
Enhancing Flavor: You can boost pan-fried potatoes with herbs such as thyme, parsley, and chives.
Cooking time Trick: If you want to reduce cooking time, you can slice potatoes instead of dicing them. Diced potatoes will take more time than thin slices. When you have to fry potatoes in an electric skillet during busy days, delicate pieces of potatoes would be the real time-saver.
Temperature: Cook potatoes covered with lid at medium temperature, and then increase the temperature in the last 10 minutes, so you get the best-pan-fried potato taste in the skillet.
Finally, you have got an easy recipe for skillet potatoes. I like to go with fried potatoes and onions where I don’t let onion tender too much. Tons of pan-fried potatoes recipe variations are there. Some people like to add cooked bacon slices for adding more flavor to fried potatoes, while others prefer to use some fried sausages. One can try whatever he wants. What’s your recipe for skillet-fried potatoes? Feel free to share your recipe.