Tasting meatballs with pasta for dinner is what your kids really want every other day. You can make them a part of a regular meal every day, yet you can freeze them to use on a busy workday. You might be using a regular skillet for frying meatballs. However, getting an electric skillet is indeed the right thing as its non-stick coating keeps the meatball’s shape intact.
Beef doesn’t stick with the pan’s bottom, and a consistent heat level of skillet lets you cook balls at the right temperature. In case you don’t know how to cook meatballs in an electric skillet. I suggest you give my meatball skillet recipe a good try. First, I will tell you how to make meatballs in a skillet. Later I have a plan to tell you about a yummy Marinara that always compliments meatballs. So, let’s get started.
Ingredients for Meatballs
For making easy skillet meatballs, ensure that you grab all ingredients required to add a mouth-watering taste to this recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- one egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- One big onion finely chopped or minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp oil
- Take a bowl and mix all these ingredients with ground beef. You can use a big spoon or your hand for proper mixing. I always use my hands as it adds a bit of force in mixing and the taste of skillet meatballs enhances to a great extent.
- Take one and a half spoonfuls of mixture in your palm and roll it with your other palm. It would help if you made golf size balls.
- Turn on your electric skillet, and then set its temperature knob at 165 to 175 degrees Fahrenheit. Add one cup of oil. Start placing balls in this heated oil after 2-3 minutes.
- Once one side of the ball becomes golden brown, turn it. You need to make sure that balls get adequately cooked. Don’t turn its side too much, and avoid using a metal stapula. Else beef balls will splatter and create a mess you don’t want. One time turning the side is enough.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove balls out of the pan. Keep them on a plate.
From this point, you can start enjoying meatballs cooked in an electric skillet. However, Marinara always enhances the taste of meatballs. For a proper electric skillet meal recipe, you need to make Marina and even boil some pasta for a fun-filled serving.
Ingredients for Marinara
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 fully diced onion
- One tablespoon garlic paste
- one can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Once you fry meatballs, don’t drain its olive oil. This oil has a special flavor and fat. Thereby, you need to make Italian sauce in this oil. If the oil is more than two tablespoons, you can drain a bit.
- Now add diced onion and garlic paste to the electric skillet. Now all ingredients in the pan one by one, and then let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add fried skillet meatballs to this sauce. Start pouring the sauce over the meatballs, so balls get some juicy taste. Simmer meatballs for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the electric skillet. Serve Meatballs with Marinara with pasta you like.
Easy Meatball Skillet Recipe
In case you don’t have time, I suggest you grab Italian sausages from the market. They have all the spices and herbs that a meatball requires. All you have to do is mix them with an egg and chopped yellow onion. Make balls and start frying them.
How to Freeze Meatballs?
You can freeze meatballs for later use in cooked or uncooked form. Half-Cooked meatballs in a skillet will take the worry of beef smashing from your side. You won’t have to worry that the ball will splatter in the freezer. Half cook them and then freeze them in a freezer jar or bag. Once you want to use them again, you need to thaw them and then fry meatballs in an electric skillet for at-least five minutes. It’s how you can enjoy them quickly. Kindly use frozen meatballs within two to three weeks.
Finally, you know how to cook meatballs in an electric skillet. You can follow an easy recipe where I used sausages for quick cooking. For a proper family meal, you should boil pasta and serve it with Marinara and skillet meatballs.