The taste of fried fish is mouthwatering, and you always add fried fish to your special dinner menu. In case you own an electric skillet, you usually have a question like, can you fry fish in an electric skillet. The answer to that question is, “yes, you sure can.” Nothing is as simple as frying fish in a pan. You don’t have to do much; prepare a pan-fried fish batter and then start enjoying the crispy taste of soft fish layers. Today, I’m going to share one of the best-pan-fried fish recipes. Besides, you will know how long you fry fish in a skillet and at what temperature.
Electric Skillet Fried Fish Recipe 1
Here are some ingredients you need to grab for making a yummy fried fish in your electric pan.
- 3 Fish fillets
- One egg
- half cup milk
- half cup cornflour
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter.
- Wash fish and dry it. Don’t apply anything unless the fish is dry. You can take a cotton napkin for quickly drying the fish fillets.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish. Press it gently.
- Now beat one egg with half a cup of milk in a bowl.
- Dip fish in egg batter and then coat it with cornflour.
- Turn on your electric skillet and set the temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butter to the pan; once it starts melting, you can place fish inside the pan.
- Fry fish for at least 5 minutes from one side and then turn it carefully and fry another side for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Please remove it from the pan and shift it on a platter.
Fried Fish Electric Skillet Recipe 2
I have shared an easy recipe above for a beginner. In case you are used to frying fish in a frying pan. Here is a recipe that you would like to try in your electric skillet. Here is what you need to grab for trying this recipe real-quick.
- 4 Fish fillets
- one egg (slightly beaten )
- One cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 3/4 tbsp freshly chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil or fresh basil finely chopped
- oil for frying
- Wash the fish with cold water, use a paper towel for pat drying it fast.
- It would help if you mixed crumbs with oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and basil on a plate.
- In another bowl, you require a slightly beaten egg.
- Dip one fish fillet at a time in the egg and then coat it with a bread crumb mixture. Press it firmly so the coating is compact and doesn’t go away quickly.
- Turn on the electric skillet, set its temperature knob at 355°F. Add frying oil to the pan. Place the fish fillet and start frying it. Fry one side for 4 minutes, turn the side, and fry it for another four minutes. If you like golden color, fry fish in an electric skillet for one more minute.
- Now you can move fish in the platter and start enjoying its juicy, crispy taste with any sauce you love.
- Make sure that your butter is fully heated before you add fish.
- If you have a mini electric skillet like 6-9 inches, don’t add two fillets at a time. In a 12-inch fillet, you can fry two fillets quickly. Never overcrowd your skillet, it will affect the coating, and you won’t be able to enjoy the crispiness of skillet-fried fish.
- Please don’t use a metal spatula for turning the fish; it can damage skillet coating. Go with only a wooden one.
- Never turn the side of fish within the first 4 minutes, if you start turning side right away, then flour coating will separate from fish, and you won’t get a well-presented and fully flavored fried fish from the skillet.
- When you are not sure whether fish is done correctly or not, insert a fork in the fish, and if its flake starts coming quickly, then it means fish is adequately cooked.
How long do you pan fry fish?
You need to fry fish in an electric skillet for at least 5-10 minutes, not more than that. The benefit of frying fish in an electric frying pan is that you can set the temperature right, while you can’t do that in a regular skillet on the stove. The consistent heat and temperature will let you get crispy fried fish with the desired level of doneness.
What is the Temperature setting for frying fish?
Fried fish time and temperature need due consideration. Don’t fry fish too much. Else its tenderness will be affected. If you cook it at a high temperature like above 355 degrees F, it will become hard even getting desirable doneness. It will cook from outside and uncooked inside, and that’s not what you want. You need to set the temperature at 325-355 degrees Fahrenheit in your skillet.